The maximum liability for loss or damage by any cause, including negligence, is limited to $0.60 (sixty cents) per pound as determined by actual weight of unwrapped goods. In shipments of multiple items, the $0.60 per pound maximum liability shall apply to each item separately.
Muse Fine Art Services shall not be liable for loss or damage due to lack of detailed and specific customer instruction in handling and/or placement of goods. The provisions of this contract also extend to items damaged inside a shipper or consignee's premises or place of business.
Muse Fine Art Services cannot be held responsible and shall remain exempt from liability for physical damage to freight, or loss caused by delay of delivery, when conditions beyond the carrier's control are encountered during transit. Such conditions are listed below:
- Extreme weather and/or changes in temperature, humidity, nature and God.
- Breakdown or mechanical defect of vehicles or equipment.
- Faulty or impassable highway; lack of capacity of roadway structures.
- Highway obstruction or closure due to official action.
- Civil disobedience, riots, strikes or lockouts; illegal or unlawful actions. "Loss caused by delay" as stated above is hereby understood to also define and apply to loss of revenue, interest, market, and/or utility. Muse Fine Art Services is not bound to transport goods by any particular means, schedule, vehicle, or otherwise than with reasonable dispatch.
- Damage due to improper shipper packing, bracing, or preparation.
Muse Fine Art Services will be released from liability for freight when directed to accept and load or deliver and unload at locations where the shipper, consignee, customer or their agents are not present.
If for any reason other than the fault of the Muse Fine Art Services, delivery cannot be made at the address shown on the face hereof, or at any changed address of which Muse Fine Art Services has been notified, articles in shipment may be stored in an appropriate location chosen by Muse Fine Art Services, at the cost of the shipper, and subject to a lien for all accrued tariff and other lawful charges.
The consignee shall be deemed to inspect the goods immediately upon delivery. Claims regarding loss or damage of any kind must be made in writing and within seven days of the delivery date of shipment. Claims not made within such seven day period shall be deemed waived by the shipper.
2010 MUSE Fine Art Services LLC. All rights reserved.